What you need to know about SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a moving target. Search engines never stand still; they are constantly refining their methods and algorithms to deliver the most accurate, relevant results to searchers. They’re also making it harder for unscrupulous marketers to manipulate search engine results by using optimization tricks. This is a good thing… at CommCentrix; we have always advocated using acceptable practices based on Google’s Webmaster Guidelines to boost your rankings and traffic.
That’s why we want to stress to you that Search Engine Optimisation – SEO should be considered a marathon rather than a sprint to the finish line. Using tricks and manipulation may get you fast, impressive results but they will be fleeting and could even be damaging. Using legitimate and effective SEO strategies will deliver more impressive business results that will endure… but it will require some time and patience.
Our SEO Process
Discovery Interview In order to truly make your SEO campaign a success, our SEO team needs to understand your business; what you want to promote and what your goals are. Our discovery interview provides you with the opportunity to provide the needed information that will make your campaign a success. Additionally you can ask those questions that have been on your mind regarding the types of changes that will be made to your site, when to expect results, how you can help maximize your campaign and more.
Website Analysis There are three key areas the search engines look at; your site, your server and your previous history within search engines. Our team completes a comprehensive analysis from your domains origination, to how the search engines see your site today.
Below you will find a list of areas our team will cover:
- Analysis of server at the server level; including structure & technologies used throughout website;
- Analysis of server at the host level, DNS setup, IP setup;
- Analysis of site structure & page relationships;
- Current indexation status across the major search engines;
- Identification of any issues currently impacting search engine spidering from host, server and site levels;
- Analysis of site link structure, page structure, navigational structure and hierarchical system of content in relation to the site.
Content and Keyword Analysis A Content Analysis is completed on pages throughout your website. This allows us to identify the existing pages and content that has the potential to help support your selected keywords and sustain long term top ten rankings. If your site is in need of additional content, we then work with you and if necessary a professional content writer to ensure the proper marketing message is conveyed and new creative copy is written especially for your site.
At Commcentrix, we use a scientific, five step approach to Keyword Analysis:
- Keyword Discovery – we research your competitors and the market you operate in to identify all the most commonly utilized search terms. We validate this against actual search data.
- Keyword Popularity Analysis – we analyze industry insider data to determine the number of daily queries made across all the major search engines for the search terms discovered.
- Keyword Competitiveness Analysis – we further review search terms to determine how many competitors are actively optimizing their sites for those terms
- Keyword Attractiveness Analysis – we use our own formulae, experience and judgment to combine above
processes. The ultimate outcome is a list of keywords, prioritized for their SEO campaign attractiveness.
- Keyword Deployment – we finally determine how best to combine key words and phrases into the text sequences that will be utilized in the SEO campaign (balancing factors of prominence, proximity & density).
Search Engine Submissions Our team takes the time to manually submit each optimized URL within your website, to the major search engines. Manual submissions are the only way to correctly notify the search engines that changes have been made to specific pages within your site. Additionally, we have a robust set of proprietary tools that notifies us when you or your team makes changes to your web pages. This alerts our SEO team that additional manual submissions are needed; ensuring the search engines know it’s time to reindex your web pages for potential ranking increases.
Google and Yahoo! Sitemap installation / submissions The Google & Yahoo! Sitemaps tell the search engines which pages are most important to your Search Engine Optimization campaign. Our SEO team will create and adjust the necessary areas within the Sitemaps to ensure that your most relevant pages are given the proper prominence. Additionally, our SEO experts will take proactive steps in troubleshooting and monitoring your site through the Google Webmaster Console. This allows our SEO team to accurately identify and track your backlinks, link popularity, broken links and indexing speeds; as reported by Google.
SEO Implementation The core of your SEO campaign is your SEO implementation. Our SEO experts will make the necessary adjustments to your website with regards to incorporating your selected keywords into existing web pages, adjusting the keyword density needed to achieve top ten rankings, editing and optimizing the most important areas within your site’s source code, creating and implementing server level adjustments to ensure your site is search engine friendly, and more. All changes are provided to you in a private development area that is not viewable to the public. Upon your review and approval, your changes will be made live; effectively wrapping up the SEO implementation process.
Off-Page Optimization These are strategies for search engine optimization that are done off the pages of a website to maximize its performance in the search engines for target keywords related to the page content. The purpose is to increase the overall number of links that point to your website. This increase of links tells the search engines that your site is popular; popular websites receive more organic search exposure and higher search engine rankings. During the Off-Page Optimization process, we will utilize the following (use of content delivery is only applicable if the website supports a blog):
- Anchor Text Links- Search engines use the anchor text of inbound links to a web page (among other things) to determine what that page is about. Search engine algorithms have started using anchor text link analysis to rank search results. We use your keywords within the anchor text of the text link that is pointing to your site that way they will have a much larger impact on your search engine rankings.
- Articles Written and Submitted- Articles can be a great way of channeling traffic to your website. We include a links to your website within your article that enables a user to automatically access your website once it has been read. This form of marketing encouraging people to link to your site naturally which is how search engines expect your web presence to build.
- Content Delivery via blog- CommCentrix supplies content that benefits your visitors AND the search engines. Our content is written with SEO features built-in from the very beginning, so that you gain from each and every new page that is added to the site. Our SEO friendly news content for websites is catered towards your specific industry and is always well researched and unbiased in its approach.
- 500 General Directory Submissions- We will submit your site to 500 search engine friendly web directories. These links one way links which will strengthen your link popularity and presence on the web.
Baseline / Monthly Ranking Reports We will run a ranking report showing all your existing listings in the major search engines before we start. This elaborate report will be sent via email to you for you to help document our progress. Every 30 days, we will run a ranking report to document the progress and send it to you via email. Our technicians will contact you from time-to-time via phone or email with project status reports. In addition, feel free to contact us at any time via email or via phone during business hours with any questions.